Once again, my dinky blog is flattered beyond belief to be among some really thought-provoking articles in this week's Independent Fashion Bloggers weekly roundup of featured links.
Since I'm always struggling with self-identification and other faux-deep stuff, "Beauty Fool's" post on how to be "real and authentic" (despite showcasing some title redundancy) was particularly poignant. It hit home, considering the title of my blog hardly suits me or my motivations (more on that later).
I was also blown away by the amount of work that went into one single post - "The Dress Project", in which the author chronicles the creation of a dress from start to finish. It's great motivation to take creation one step (one billion steps) beyond my Polyvore "sets".
So, if you've got a spare moment (and aren't using it to troll the archives of this here beauty of a blog) take a looksee at some of the supa fly stuff below.
Happy Sunday never-ever-ever funday.
Oh the Places We'll Go...This week we had a lot of thoughtful submissions, with it being Women's History Month, and International Women's day, we had excellent homage's to our female heroes. Traveling seemed to be a big theme with Spring Break coming up, and the weather looking much better these days (in the Northern Hemisphere anyway). And we also had some wonderful tips and tricks for bloggers from the community, which is always nice to see how everyone approached blogging differently. How exactly do you be authentic online? It could be an easier journey than you think.
Links à la Mode: March 14th
- Burgundy Whispers: Tastemakers: Jenna Lyons
- A Simple Statement: How to travel with just a carry-on
- Attire Club: How clothes can influence your travel experience
- Under a Veil: Trending this Spring: Stripes
- The Stylist: Tailoring for Dummies
- What Would Your Wear If... : Going to Paris Fashion Week with Anna Wintour
- Foxie Oxie Supernova: Happy International Women's Day 15 Ways to Surround Yourself with Beauty
- Fashionable Creativity: The Dress Project
- Simply Frabulous: The day when Hedi Slimane Killed YSL
- Beauty Fool: How to Be Real and Authentic on Your Blog
- Incognito: Interview with YESIMFRENCH
- Harling Ross: What I want to read
- Coming Unstitched: Tips and tricks for growing your blog
- Look Sharp, Sconnie: Why can't fashion be art?
- The Curitorial: Jeremy Scott Inspiration and Plagiarism
- Inspirations & Celebrations: Fashion Bloggers Favorite Spring Trends
- Elegant Idiosyncrasy: Packing for Spring Break in Miami
- CEFashion Advice: How to Dry Clean Men's Collared Shirts
- Chic & Cheap Living: Affordable Style Inspiration from Fall 2013
- She's all smiles: Interview with artist: Nadia Helena