This week on Independent Fashion Blogger's "Links a la Mode",
a couple of girls really nail the whole thinking thing.
The Vic Styles deals w/ criticism she received about wearing the same pair of shoes multiple times (really, people? really?), Wild Beauty World talks about the faux "beauty patch" that Dove gave to women to "boost" their self confidence, and Pupuren talks about the comfort of creating your own self portraits (might need to take her advice).
Always proud whenever I get to be a part of this. Such cool things taking place in everyones' brains out there.
Read 'em all here:
This week, it took me a long, long time to curate the links, not because of lack of quality, but because there were so many interesting topics to explore. Look Sharp Sconnie, let her facial hair grow to make a point about femininity and documented it beautifully. Vic Styles pondered if you wear the same clothes, can you be stylish? My Fashion S/ash Life found some remarkably stylish gents. And Pupuren discussed the phenomenon of photographing oneself, how one's face changes. (I know this from experience). We may put a face on for the digital world, but there are always a few brave enough to take off the mask.
Links à la Mode: May 22
- Adorned in Armor: Who Adorns Her? Lupita Nyong'o
- Al-Balsam Life: Your Ultimate Style Guide for Summer Nights
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: No-Makeup Makeup
- Fashionopolis: Layered & Stacked With Accessorize
- Fashion Trends and More: How High Is Too High?
- Fear in Wonderland: How to Cut Your Own Half-Moon Bangs
- Look Sharp, Sconnie: Man, I Feel Like a Man
- My Fashion S/ash Life: He Got Style
- Petite Fille Modele: What's In My Suitcase & Packing Tips
- Prime Butterfly: Old Hollywood: Sex Icon Style 101
- Pupuren: The Masks We Wear
- Save Spend Splurge: Are Women The Only Ones Spending on Clothing?
- Snippets With Latex: Fashion Blogger Problems
- Storybook Apothecary: My Style Icon: Marion Cotillard
- Styled and Framed: A New Modernity at Chanel and Dior Resort 2015
- The Coveted: 7 Signs You're Too Old For a Trend (And How to Wear It Anyway)
- The Stylist: Does Your Life Look Like An Ikea Catalogue?
- Vic Styles: What is the Price of Style?
- Wild Beauty World: Faking It
- We Are Ready Made: The Juicy Resort Business
SPONSOR: East Dane Promos, Codes, Filson, & Maria Black, Citrine Swim, Trainer's, Gitman, Shourouk, shopbop.ru, E Tautz & Sol Sana